7.09.2012

Skirt to Beach Bag

John's mom recently gave me a bunch of her old clothes including a really cute blue skirt with mustard yellow floral pattern. I was really attracted to the colors and pattern but it just wasn't the right fit. Just in time before giving it away, I found this Skirt to Purse DIY and realized I could easily up-cycle that skirt into a beautiful beach bag. I love the way my beach bag turned out and it was really simple to make. I definitely used it every day this past week. Check out the step by step over on Sincerely, Kinsey to make your own! 

Another staple for me this summer has been this crochet top from In The Hammock Vintage
. I've been loving it as a cover-up on the beach or with something under + some cut off shorts.

12 comments:

  1. I love the top! Thanks for posting pics! I'm so glad that you like it! I am going to have to check out the skirt to purse tutorial because it looks so cute! At first I thought it was a matching skirt and bag :) Thanks again and I'm so glad you are enjoying the top!

    PS, Do you mind if I re-blog a pic?

    Carrie
    http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it does sorta look like they are a set! I should probably have wrote "before & after". Check out the tutorial, it was so easy!

      and I don't mind at all, please re-blog !

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Geena! I just blogged about it here :)
      http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com/2012/07/customer-love-july-13.html

      Delete
  2. this is a great bag! I love DIY's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was one of the many DIYs i wanted to try this summer and I am so glad I did!

      Delete
  3. Aw you look absolutely adorable here... love the outfit & your bag is SO fantastic!! You're such a crafty lady - it's the prettiest!! xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Veronika! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. That's awesome, what a great tutorial! I'm gonna have to do this. I have an awesome autumn skirt that I looove but isnt the right fit. I'll probably try to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do it send me a link to your blog post about it or email a pic to me! geeenarose@gmail.com I'd love to see how yours turns out!

      Delete
  5. So cool! Make some more please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been making a bunch more! a few are in my shop and I also do custom orders :) www.etsy.com/shop/thefancybear

      Delete