10.26.2012

Call Me Spooky

I was trying to take a quick picture of a dress I altered and it came out kinda spooky, so I just went with it. Seems fitting to share it with you being that Halloween is right around the corner! I spent last night working on another floral crown that will be a part of my costume. Usually I wait until the last minute to figure out what I want to be, can't come up with anything, and end up being a zombie. This year I decided I didn't really want to be something or someone, but just to dress in a spooky yet romantic way. "Spooky" is one of my favorite words, by the way. It also was the name of one of the 2 black cats I had growing up, and it's also a nickname/term of endearment  for me by John.
Oh, right. I was going to tell you about this dress I altered. It's a vintage dress from In The Hammock Vintage, a shop that I've mentioned on here a few times before. You can see how the dress looked before here. I decided that since I'm a shorty, the length of the dress wasn't all that flattering on me, so I hemmed it to a high -low style dress! I think it's a fun look, and adds for a bit of surprise when you turn around. Well, it's Friday night, time to test out my costume! I'll share some pics later this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! When I saw the photo, I thought it looked familiar! I love what you did with the hemline! I will have to blog about this as soon as I get a chance :) Thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't stop making all my long skirts have high-low hemlines now!

      Delete